On behalf of the pupils, parents, staff and governors I would like to welcome you to St John's Church of England Primary School and to our website. The website is designed to be used by existing parents and families as well as being a great place to find out more by visitors. All staff work extremely hard to deliver on our vision and values and we are proud to be a church school that works very closely with our local church.
Craig Twin, Head Teacher
SIAMs inspection report comment
- This is a Church of England school that is proud to uphold and develop its Christian distinctiveness and this clearly underpins the school's work ensuring that the academic and pastoral needs of all its learners are met.
Ofsted Inspection October 2022
Ofsted and Parental Comments:
- Leaders have developed an ethos in which pupils develop confidence socially and academically. Parents, pupils and staff are proud of their school and its caring, inclusive approach.
- This is a welcoming school. Pupils are proud to be part of the St John’s community and their behaviour is good.
- Parental comments such as ‘I cannot speak highly enough of the support and encouragement my child receives’ and ‘We are consistently pleased with the teaching and ethos of the school’
- There is a positive ‘buzz’ around St John’s Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School.
- Parents are positive, particularly about the school’s caring ethos.
- Pupils told me how much they enjoy their learning, and this was clearly evident in my visits to each classroom.
Headteacher: Craig Twin
Deputy Headteacher: Paul Arrowsmith
SENCo and Early Years Leader: Karen Lee
Office Manager: Sarah Palmer
Secretary: Caron Farrell